Tar Hollow Camping
- Sunny and shady sites to suit every camper
- 71 electric sites
- 11 non-electric sites
- 12 walk-in sites
- 5 primitive sites along the backpack trail
- Campground equipped with showers, laundry facilities, pit latrines and a dump station
- Beach is close by
- General Store offers camping supplies, souvenirs and snacks
- Registered campers may borrow game and sporting equipment from the General Store
- Pet camping is permitted on all sites
Tar Hollow State Park Activities
Tar Hollow Hiking Trails
Ross Hollow Hiking Trail is 3.5 miles (yellow blazes), located near the camp, and provides foot access to the hills of Tar Hollow.
The 21-mile Logan Backpack Trail (red blazes) traverses the park and forest. Parking and the trailhead are located near the dam spillway at Pine Lake. Organized groups can camp by reservation in the group area. Camping for backpackers is also available at the Logan Hollow campground. Registration and payment of the regular camping fee are required. A backpack camp at the fire tower on south loop is available by reservation through the ODNR Division of Forestry.
A section of Ohio’s Buckeye Trail (blue blazes) also passes through the area.
Twenty-five miles of bridle trails (white blazes) and a horse camp are located on the forest land.
The 2.5-mile Pine Run mountain bike trail begins at the general store.